Comparing Fatigue When Using Large Horizontal and Vertical Multi-touch Interaction Displays.Human-Computer Interaction–INTERACT 2015156-164
Making the invisible visible: Design to support the documentation of participatory arts experiencesCHI 2015 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems2583-2592
Volvelles, domes and wristbands: embedding digital fabrication within a visitor's trajectory of engagementDIS'14: 2014 conference on Designing interactive systems.825-834
Interpersonal expression in the special educational needs classroom: An experience-centred design case studyInternational Journal of Child-Computer Interaction34-47
Exploring the Design of Technologies and Services that Support Do-It-Yourself Assistive Technology PracticeDE2013: The Fourth Annual Digital Economy All Hands Conference
Crafting interactive systems: learning from digital art practiceCHI EA 2013: Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems3223-3226
Cinehack: Supporting Micro-budget Digital Film and Video ProductionDE2013: The Fourth Annual Digital Economy All Hands Conference1-2
Unlimited editions: three approaches to the dissemination and display of digital artCHI 2013: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems139-148
Design to Support Interpersonal Communication in the Special Educational Needs ClassroomIDC 2013: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children46-55
Waves: exploring idiographic design for live performanceCHI 2013: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems2969-2978
Digital Originals: Reproduction as a Space for Design7th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (NordiCHI)1-12
Multi-touch authentication on tabletops28th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems1093-1102
Waves: multi-touch VJ interfaceACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces (ITS '10)305
Multi-Touch Authentication on Tabletops28th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI)1093-1102
Building interactive multi-touch surfacesTabletops - Horizontal Interactive Displays27-49
TouchBridge: augmenting active tangibles for camera-based multi-touch surfacesACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces (ITS)271-272
FerroSynth: A Ferromagnetic Music InterfaceProceedings of the Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME)463-466
Media Crate: Tangible Live Media Production InterfaceTEI'09. Third International Conference on Tangible and Embedded Interaction255-262
FerroSense: Ferro uid/Magnetorheological Based User Interface Devices
A Reconfigurable Ferromagnetic Input DeviceProceedings of the 22nd Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST)51-54
A Short Film About VJs: Using Documentary Film to Engage Performers in DesignCHI 2009: Digital Life, New World. The 27th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems3491-3492
Bridging the gap between the Kodak and Flickr generations: a novel interaction technique for collocated photo sharingInternational Journal of Human-Computer Studies1060-1072
AMUC: Associated Motion Capture User CategoriesPhilosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences2771-2780
Building Interactive Multi-Touch SurfacesJournal of Graphics, GPU, and Game Tools35-55
Multi-Touch Surfaces: A Technical GuideInstitute for Geoinformatics Technical Report Series19
- ReflecTableAugust 30, 2011The ReflecTable is a digital learning environment that explores how design games and video-led reflection might be combined to bridge the gap between the theoretical and practical components of design education. The concept seeks to leverage the qualit...
- RepentirAugust 30, 2011Repentir is an augmented reality iPhone app that allows gallery visitors to reveal hidden layers of a painting. Using the app, you can take a photo of an area of a painting to browse previous versions of that area of the painting, which the artist capt...
- Making 3D Printed Objects InteractiveAugust 30, 2011This project explores approach that allows designers and others to quickly and easily make 3D printed objects interactive, without the need for hardware or software expertise and with little modification to an object’s physical design. With our ap...
- On The PrecipiceAugust 30, 2011This Creative Exchange project explored how situating digital fabrication within a souvenir-making activity can enrich audience experiences of cultural events and engage visitors in discussion and reflection upon their experiences. Giving the visitor ...
- Digital OriginalsAugust 30, 2011Date: January 2012 - July 2013 Funding: EPSRC: Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council. £74,349 (Newcastle) Researchers: Patrick Olivier, Peter Wright, Feng Li (Business School). Collaborators: Mark Blythe (Northumbria Univ...
- WavesAugust 30, 2011Waves is a multi-touch interface for VJing (the live performance of visual media). The system allows performers to interact with a range of visual media by manipulating spline curves on an interactive surface. Interaction is highly visible to the audie...
- Ferromagnetic Input DevicesAugust 30, 2011We used ferromagnetic sensing to create Ferrosynth, a reconfigurable interface device designed to offer new possibilities to musicians for creating synthesised output. The system worked by placing ferrous objects on the surface of a sensing device. As ...
- SiDE: Social Inclusion through the Digital EconomyAugust 30, 2011SiDE is an interdisciplinary research project aimed at realising the potential for digital technologies to transform the lives of people who are socially excluded. Poor health, disability, family breakdown, poverty and unemployment are just some of the...
- Expressive InteractionAugust 30, 2011Expression, “the action of making known one's thoughts or feelings”, relates to the conveyance of ideas and emotion through the manipulation of a medium. In music, for example, expression inhabits the nuances of a performance and is often associate...
- AMUC: Associated motion capture user categoriesAugust 30, 2011Performing arts use motion-capture tools for activities ranging from live productions to creative screen-bound works, choreographic notation and archiving. These activities have shaped original interdisciplinary platforms, combining artistic perfor...