Yu.Guan@ncl.ac.uk | Research Associate
- Regular Reviewers in IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security (T-IFS), IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (T-CSVT), IEEE Trans. Cybernetics (T-CYB), IEEE Signal Processing Letters (SPL), IEEE Int'l Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC), ACM Int'l Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp), Pattern Recognition Letters (PRL), Image and Vision Computing (IVC), IET Biometrics, etc.
- TPC members in IEEE Int'l Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC), 2017, IEEE Int'l Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF), 2017, IEEE Int'l Conf. Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 2014
- Associate Editor, Int'l journal of digital crime and forensics (IJDCF), 2015-Now
- Guest Lecturer, "Deep Neural Networks", for MSc Module "Machine Learning", School of Computing Science, Newcastle University, Dec. 2016
- Tutorial Lecturer, "Deep Learning and its Mobile Applications", the 8th Int'l Conference on Mobile Computing, Application and Services (MobiCASE), (Co-hosting with T. Ploetz, Georgia Tech, N. Lane, UCL&Bell Labs, and S. Bhattacharya, Bell Labs), Cambridge, Nov. 2016.
- Guest Lecturer, "Machine Learning for Biometric Applications", for BSc Module "Machine Learning", Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, Dec. 2014
- Guest Lecturer, "An Introduction to Gait Recognition", for MSc Module "Multimedia Processing Communications and Storage", Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, Nov. 2012
- Y. Guan and T. Ploetz, "Ensembles of Deep LSTM Learners for Activity Recognition using Wearables ", ACM IMWUT/UbiComp, 2017 (Core A*)
- Y. Guan, C.-T. Li, and F. Roli, "On Reducing the Effect of Covariate Factors in Gait Recognition: a Classifier Ensemble Method", IEEE T-PAMI, 2015 (Core A*)
Currently I am a Research Associate in Open Lab, and my research interests are Machine Learning and its various applications such as Time-Series Data Analysis, Wearables and UbiComp, Computer Vision and Biometrics, etc. Before joining Newcastle University, I've got my PhD degree in the Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick in 2015.
Teaching and Tutoring:
Please see my publication list through google scholar citations.