Yu.Guan@ncl.ac.uk | Faculty
- Associate Editor, ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT/UbiComp Core A*) 2017-Now
- TPC Members, IEEE Int'l Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC, Core A*), 2017, IEEE Int'l Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF), 2017, IEEE Int'l Conf. Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 2014
- Regular Reviewers, IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI, Core A*), IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security (T-IFS), IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (T-CSVT), IEEE Trans. Cybernetics (T-CYB), IEEE Signal Processing Letters (SPL), ACM Multimedia (ACM-MM, Core A*), IEEE ISWC (Core A*), ACM UbiComp (Core A*), Pattern Recognition Letters (PRL), Image and Vision Computing (IVC), IET Biometrics, etc.
- Guest Lecturer, "Deep Neural Networks", for MSc Module "Machine Learning", School of Computing Science, Newcastle University, Dec. 2016
- Tutorial Lecturer, "Deep Learning and its Mobile Applications", the 8th Int'l Conference on Mobile Computing, Application and Services (MobiCASE), (Co-hosting with T. Ploetz, Georgia Tech, N. Lane, UCL&Bell Labs, and S. Bhattacharya, Bell Labs), Cambridge, Nov. 2016.
- Guest Lecturer, "Machine Learning for Biometric Applications", for BSc Module "Machine Learning", Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, Dec. 2014
- Guest Lecturer, "An Introduction to Gait Recognition", for MSc Module "Multimedia Processing Communications and Storage", Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, Nov. 2012
- Y. Guan and T. Ploetz, "Ensembles of Deep LSTM Learners for Activity Recognition using Wearables ", ACM IMWUT/UbiComp (Core A*), 2017
- Y. Guan, C.-T. Li, and F. Roli, "On Reducing the Effect of Covariate Factors in Gait Recognition: a Classifier Ensemble Method", IEEE T-PAMI (Core A*), 2015
I am a lecturer in data science, and my research interests are machine learning and its various applications such as time-series data analysis, wearables and ubicomp, computer vision and biometrics, etc. Before joining Newcastle University, I've got my PhD degree in the department of computer science, University of Warwick in 2015.
Teaching and Tutoring:
Please see my publication list through google scholar citations.