Using IMUs to identify supervisors on touch devices.Human-Computer Interaction – INTERACT 2015565-583
Captchat: A Messaging Tool to Frustrate Ubiquitous Surveillance33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2015)639-646
Crowdsourcing and CCTV: the Effect of Interface, Financial Bonus and Video TypeSchool of Computing Science Technical Report Series22
Pay or Delay: The Role of Technology When Managing a Low IncomeACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2014)501-510
Understanding Financial Practices: Experiences with ‘Eighty Somethings’ and the UnderbankedEnabling Empathy in Health and Care: Design Methods & Challenges Workshop
PosterVote: expanding the action repertoire for local political activismACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS'14)795-804
Experience design theatre: exploring the role of live theatre in scaffolding design dialoguesCHI '14 Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems683-692
BallotShare: An exploration of the design space for digital voting in the workplaceComputers in Human Behavior433-443
Designing for Spontaneous and Secure Delegation in Digital PaymentsInteracting with Computers417-432
BallotShare: Exploring the design space of digital voting in a workplace environmentSchool of Computing Science Technical Report Series19
Unpicking the design space of e-Voting for Participation.International Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government 2013 (CeDEM2013)
A Security Assessment of Tiles: A New Portfolio-Based Graphical Authentication SystemSIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI)1967-1972
Invisible Design: Exploring Insights and Ideas through Ambiguous Film ScenariosDesigning Interactive Systems (DIS)534-543
Invisible design: exploring insights and ideas through ambiguous film scenarios9th ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS '12)534-543
Cheque Mates: Participatory Design of Digital Payments with Eighty SomethingsACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing (CHI'12)1189-1198
The Joy of Cheques: Trust, Paper and Eighty SomethingsACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW'12)
New approaches to banking for the older oldDigital Economy 2011: Digital Engagement
Eighty something: banking for the older old25th BCS Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (BCS-HCI 2011)64-73
Multi-Touch Authentication on Tabletops28th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI)1093-1102
Multi-touch authentication on tabletops28th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems1093-1102
A closer look at recognition-based graphical passwords on mobile devicesProceedings of the Sixth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security-
Do background images improve "draw a secret" graphical passwords ?CCS'07: Proceedings of the 14th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security36-47
Graphical Passwords & Qualitative Spatial RelationsThird Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS)161-162
Is FacePIN Secure and Usable?3rd Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS)165-166
Data Services for Associated Motion Capture User Categories. AHRC/EPSRC E-Science Demonstrator EP/E005624/118
- Guardian AngelAugust 30, 2011A concern raised by the older people interviewed during the New Approaches to Banking for the Older Old project was that reduced mobility would lead to difficulty with accessing their money. This led in some cases to people divulging security detai...
- Digital OriginalsAugust 30, 2011Date: January 2012 - July 2013 Funding: EPSRC: Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council. £74,349 (Newcastle) Researchers: Patrick Olivier, Peter Wright, Feng Li (Business School). Collaborators: Mark Blythe (Northumbria Univ...
- Balance TickerAugust 30, 2011Keeping detailed records of how much money is in an individual bank account and tracking receipts of transactions are highly valued by many older people who carefully manage their finances. However, Modern payment technologies and bank accounts have...
- Digital Cheque BookAugust 30, 2011In the research stage of the “New Approaches to Banking for the Older Old” project, we conducted interviews with people aged eighty and upwards to understand the ways they managed their finances and any struggles they had with aspects of the curre...
- Secure PIN ReminderAugust 30, 2011While meant to increase security, complex PIN and password systems routinely force people to compromise sensitive information. While conducting research for the New Approaches to Banking for the Older Old project, many interviewees said that, though t...
- Cheque Scanner-ShredderAugust 30, 2011Although many older people – and particularly the 'eighty somethings' that took part in the New Approaches to Banking for the Older Old project – rely on the traditional cheque as a means for making payments, they are equally aware that cheques a...
- Community Cheque ClearingAugust 30, 2011Cheques are important as a means of payment for many people, particularly the older old, as they allow them to track their expenditure, to send payments over distances without using digital technologies, and are often more safe and secure by older peo...
- New Approaches to Banking for the Older OldAugust 30, 2011Although there are more people aged eighty and over in the UK than ever before, current banking systems fail to cater to them. It is now almost impossible to opt out of having a bank account, using a chip and pin, and transferring money digitally—thi...
- SiDE: Social Inclusion through the Digital EconomyAugust 30, 2011SiDE is an interdisciplinary research project aimed at realising the potential for digital technologies to transform the lives of people who are socially excluded. Poor health, disability, family breakdown, poverty and unemployment are just some of the...
- Graphical PasswordsAugust 30, 2011Alphanumeric passwords are a prevalent form of user authentication, and many people must remember several passwords in their day-to-day lives. Often, these passwords must fulfil specific requirements: for example, they must be a certain length or conta...
- AMUC: Associated motion capture user categoriesAugust 30, 2011Performing arts use motion-capture tools for activities ranging from live productions to creative screen-bound works, choreographic notation and archiving. These activities have shaped original interdisciplinary platforms, combining artistic perfor...